Chef Vikram Vij joins the Quinoa Project in partnership with Plan Canada. This meatless dish is hearty, healthy and delicious.
Sautéed spinach and tomatoes with quinoa and paneer
Serves: 4-5 people
Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1.5 lbs fresh spinach with stems (3 bunches), washed and chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 oz paneer (available premade at South Asian grocers)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked in vegetable stock)
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 5 cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat for 45 seconds, add garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Stir in the tomatoes and add turmeric, salt, cumin, coriander, cloves and cayenne pepper and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until glistening with oil.
Stir in spinach, paneer and quinoa until the spinach wilts and a saucy consistency is reached.
The paneer may start to crumble, this is normal.
Cover and cook for few more minutes and serve piping hot.
Courtesy Chef Vikram Vij