- 2 whole trout approx. 12 to 16 ounces in size
- 2 whole lemons peel & seeds removed, sliced into rounds & grilled
- 1/2 english cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh dill stems removed
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup fennel very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese dice
- To taste salt and pepper
- Butchers string
- Parchment paper
- The whole trout should already be cleaned and ready for stuffing. Most fish mongers will remove the inners for you. Lightly season the inside of the trout with course sea salt and ground white pepper.
- In a bowl gently mix the grilled lemon rounds, cucumber, fresh dill and a drizzle of the olive oil. Divide the mix in two and stuff both trout. Next using the butcher’s string, gently tie the fish to secure the stuffing. Three or four pieces around the fish should be enough.
- Place the whole trout on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and season with course sea salt and ground white pepper.
- Place in a 350° pre heat oven and slow bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Once cooked remove from the oven, cut the string and remove the herb mixture into a bowl.
- Add the arugula, sliced fennel, feta cheese and the remaining olive oil. Season and salt, pepper and serve immediately with the whole roasted trout.
- For the serving of the roasted trout you can serve whole or using a spoon gently remove the cooked meat from the bone.
Join the conversation