- Place first 9 ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a simmer on medium-high heat. Reduce to low heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard ginger root and cinnamon, add mushrooms, cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat, gently place tilapia fillets into pot and poach until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove tilapia and place fillets into separate bowls. Add carrots, mushrooms, broth.
- Garnish with green onions and serve hot.
Join the conversation