- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, rice wine, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Remove the bottom skin from the salmon and add all 4 pieces into a zip-lock bag. Add approximately half of the marinade to the bag and let the fish marinate for about 15 minutes. Save the second half of the marinade for later.
- While the fish is marinating, cut the stems off the beans and break any long beans in half. Rinse the beans in a colander.
- Add the beans to a medium sauce pot, cover with water, add a lid, and bring to a boil over high heat. Allow the beans to boil until bright green and slightly tender (about 3 minutes), then drain in the colander and set aside.
- Lightly mist a non-stick skillet with non-stick olive oil and heat over medium-low flame. Once hot, add the salmon pieces and cook on each side until the glaze turns deep brown and the fish is cooked through (about 3-5 minutes on each side).
- Removed the cooked salmon to a clean plate.
- Add the drained green beans to the skillet that was used to cook the salmon, along with the remaining unused marinade. Sauté the green beans in the marinade until it thickens to a shiny glaze and completely coats the green beans (about 3 minutes). Serve the fish on top of the glazed green beans and enjoy!
Join the conversation