- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt bread crumbs
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp chopped basil or parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet on medium heat and add onion and garlic and cook till fragrant but not brown. Leave to cool.
- In large bowl; combine egg, egg white, ketchup, Worchestshire, mustard, Tabasco, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and cooled onion mixture.
- Add ground meat to this mixture and combine well, kneading in fresh herbs and/or chives
- Spoon into mini meatloaf pans and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 1 hour then uncover and bake for 20 minutes more. Cool and drain off excess liquid fat.
Photo by Roberto Caruso
Join the conversation