- Roast sweet potatoes either the day of or up to 5 days before.
- The day of cook or up to 5 days before cook the barley.
- The day of assemble the rest of the ingredients for the bowls and prepare the salad dressing: whisk together lime juice, oil and honey. Set aside. Can be made up to two days in advance.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil, chili powder and the cooked sweet potatoes, sauté until the sweet potatoes are heated through.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the black beans and the salsa.
- Remove from heat and assemble the bowls. Each bowl will contain: ½ cup of barley, ¼ of the cooked sweet potatoes, ¼ of the black beans, ¼ of the cilantro, ¼ of the avocado, and ¼ of the green onions.
- Drizzle with ¼ cup of the dressing and serve.
Join the conversation