- 1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
- 1 onion brunoise
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 green chili
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 x 14oz ccan unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
Green Pea Gremolata
- In a pot over medium heat add oil, onion and cook until you begin to see colour.
- Then quickly add garlic and all dry spices. Stir for one minute then deglaze with water, add coconut milk and lentils.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils become tender. Set aside.
- In a medium frying pan on medium high heat add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Brush skin side of salmon with a little oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add salmon to pan skin side down and press down gently with a spatula for 15-20 seconds to ensure the skin is in contact with the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip for one minute and brush with honey and top with lemon zest, turn off heat and leave in the pan.
- Combine ingredients for gremolata, set aside.
- On a serving plate place down a spoon of lentils and use the bottom of the spoon to spread it out into a circle.
- Top with salmon skin side up and the gremolata scattered.
Join the conversation