- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the bread in the oil. Let the croutons cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, bacon and croutons. Toss the salad with half of the Caesar dressing.
- In a shallow dish of hot water, soak one sheet of rice paper at a time for a few seconds or until softened. Remove from the water. Drain and place on a work surface.
- Spoon cup of salad onto the bottom third of the rice paper. Fold both sides of the sheet toward the centre. Tightly roll to enclose the filling.
- Cover the roll with a damp cloth and continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with the remaining Caesar dressing.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add one-third of the oil, drop by drop, whisking constantly. When the emulsion begins to form a mayonnaise, drizzle in the remaining oil, whisking constantly.
- Add the capers, anchovy paste and Parmesan. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Join the conversation