- In a kitchen aid puree the onion, garlic, mustard, balsamic vinegar, soya sauce, olive oil, herbs and cracked black pepper. Place the rib roast in a large zip lock back and pour the marinade over the roast. Allow to marinate in the fridge for two days.
- Heat one side of your BBQ using a charcoal attachment. You can use a tinfoil roasting tray to hold the coals if you don’t have a charcoal attachment. Heat the grill to approximately 200 to 225 degrees.
- Remove the rib roast from the marinade, saving any extra marinade. Place a temperature gage in the rib roast and set on the off side of your BBQ. Close the lid and allow the charcoal side to bring the temperature of the BBQ back up to 200 to 225 degrees.
- Slow cook the rib for approximately 3 to 4 hours. Until you reach an internal temperature of 160degrees. From time to time brush some of the remaining marinade over the rib roast.
- Also you will need to add more coals to maintain the heat. When you add coals, also add some fresh herbs and maybe a cinnamon stick to the coals. This will add flavour to the roast as it slowly cooks.
- Once you reach the correct internal temperature. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Then carve and serve.
Join the conversation