- Cut potatoes into quarters and rinse. Place in a large pot with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook until you can easily pierce with a knife.
- Wash and snap asparagus ends. Set aside in steamer
- Finely chop onion. Heat oil in a small stove top pot at medium heat. Add onion. Sauté slightly, then add garlic and ginger. Continue stirring for 1 additional minute, then add balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and water (or broth). Simmer until mixture reduces in half. Remove from heat, then reheat just before portabella and steaks are cooked and resting.
- Remove stem of portabella. Sprinkle spice all over portabella and steak.
- Grill portabella until you see grill marks and steak to your preferred tenderness. Let each rest in foil as they are done.
Join the conversation