- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the softened butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until nice and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until completely mixed in. Now add in the lemon zest to the creamed mixture and beat another minute.
- Next, in a separate bow, combine the flour, graham wafer crumbs, baking soda and salt. Add the walnuts, dried cranberries and chocolate chips to the dry mix and combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add the dry mix into the creamed mixture until all is nicely mixed.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 5 minutes. Take the chilled dough out of the fridge and roll the dough into approximately one inch balls and flatten into small disks that are approximately ½ inch thick. Place each flattened disk onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes in the centre of the oven until lightly browned. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then move to wire racks to cool completely.
- Now make up the lemon icing to pipe on the cookies:
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into 1½ to 2 cups of icing sugar (approx.) and mix the two ingredients to a smooth piping consistency.
- Pipe the icing on the cookies in a swirly, “s” like pattern with a piping bag.
For a nice variation you can add a ½ cup of shredded coconut to this recipe if you like.
Recipe by: Lis Leach
Join the conversation