4 hrs 45 min
Sour dough starter
Sour dough bread
SOUR DOUGH STARTER
- Place warm water and yeast into a bowl, mix in flour. Place a kitchen cloth over the bowl and leave on the counter for 4-6 days. Mixture should be bubbling and have a pleasant sour smell. Feed your starter every few days with equal parts water and flour. Store in fridge when not in use.
SOUR DOUGH BREAD
- Combine water and yeast in a stand mixer Let yeast bloom for a few minutes. Add starter then flour and mix. Add salt and knead for 6-8 min.
- Dough should be tacky but not stick to the bowl. Adjust with more flour or water.
- Let rest for two hours and give it another spin. Remove and place in bread pan. Let rise for 1.5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake for 45 min. If you want a crispy crust place a small pot of water in the oven.
- Remove and let rest on a rack for 20 min. Carve and enjoy!
Join the conversation