- The day before serving, place your pork belly uncovered in the refrigerator. Yes I know but it will dry out the skin, this allows the perfect crackling.
- Six hours before cooking, cover the skin with sea salt. Yes cover it please!
- Turn oven to broil and remove salt from pork belly. Place on a baking rack, on a baking sheet slide onto the lower rack of your oven. The top heat should gently cook your belly and crisp the skin. If your broiler is to hot switch to 450F regular heat and finish with broiler to make epic crackling.
- Remove and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve into thick slabs 1 inch by 1 inch.
- Place a touch of leaf lettuce on Ritz, then a slice of tomato a basil leaf and top with shattering crisp pork belly. Enjoy.
Join the conversation