- Combine cucumber, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl and refrigerate overnight. (For a faster spike, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil and then incorporate cucumber, allow to sit for 5 minutes then drain).
- Place all gazpacho ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth then pass through a fine chinois strainer.
- Refrigerate until chilled, approximately 1 hour.
- In a stainless steel bowl with a stainless steel whisk, cream until whipped. Finely slice basil and gently fold into whipped cream.
- In a small serving bowl place a tablespoon of the spiked cucumbers, ladle over gazpacho and top with a dollop of basil whipped cream.
Join the conversation