Great news—there are certain foods that can help to balance blood sugars, ward off hunger and reduce inflammation naturally. Integrate these tips into a healthy diet and your bikini body will thank you.
1. Potassium-rich foods — Potassium is a nutrient that flushes out water and salt, so it can help you look less bloated!
Examples: Bananas, plain yogurt, acorn squash.
2. Cinnamon — Cinnamon helps to reduce the levels of the hormone insulin and burns belly fat.
Examples: Incorporate cinnamon sticks in your cooking and sprinkle cinnamon on apples.
3. Grapefruit — Grapefruits contain a phytochemical called naringenin that can help to balance blood sugars and burn fat. In fact, a study published in the journal Metabolism showed that abdominal fat dropped by an inch in just 6 weeks with the introduction of grapefruit.
4. Foods that contain capsaicin — Researchers found that eating food that contains capsaicin can boost your caloric burn by 25% for several hours after consuming it.
Examples: Mustard, peppers, hot peppers.
5. Turmeric — Reduces inflammation, works on genetic mechanism that is responsible for inflammation and obesity.
Examples: Turmeric powder, turmeric capsule.
6. Walnuts — The nut packed with the most omega-3 fatty acid. Just 3-5 walnuts will ward off hunger. Dr. Joey recommends travelling with them.
7. Avocado oil — Contains oleic acid, a good fat that helps burn belly fat.
8. Spinach — The green membrane contains a natural appetite suppressant called thylakoids.
Join the conversation