Chef Vikram Vij joins the Quinoa Project in partnership with Plan Canada. This meatless dish is hearty, healthy and delicious.
Sautéed spinach and tomatoes with quinoa and paneer
Serves: 4-5 people
Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1.5 lbs fresh spinach with stems (3 bunches), washed and chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 oz paneer (available premade at South Asian grocers)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked in vegetable stock)
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 5 cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat for 45 seconds, add garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Stir in the tomatoes and add turmeric, salt, cumin, coriander, cloves and cayenne pepper and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until glistening with oil.
Stir in spinach, paneer and quinoa until the spinach wilts and a saucy consistency is reached.
The paneer may start to crumble, this is normal.
Cover and cook for few more minutes and serve piping hot.
Courtesy Chef Vikram Vij
Join the conversation