Sandi Richard creates a super simple roasted Portobello mushroom on the BBQ. Swap this in as a burger patty for a yummy meatless meal!
Roasted portobello mushrooms
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stem removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- 8-12 zucchini slices
- 1/4 red onion, slivered
- 4 pineapple slices (optional)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (from a jar)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp herb & garlic seasoning blend, salt-free
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
Brush the outside of each mushroom (smooth side) with olive oil. Spread the inside of each mushroom with sweet chili sauce.
Layer in this order; zucchini slices, slivered red onion, pineapple slices and sun dried tomatoes.
Sprinkle with spices. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over top then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and grated Gruyere cheese.
Place mushrooms on individual pieces of aluminum foil. Cook 10-15 minutes in BBQ on the outside corners of grill.
Remove foil from bottom of mushrooms and cook directly on the grill for 2 minutes.
Courtesy of Sandi Richard
Join the conversation