Italian chef Lidia Bastianich whipped up this easy celery salad, accented with fresh mozzarella and crunchy walnuts.
Mozzarella and celery salad
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cubed
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups celery thinly sliced on the bias, with some leaves
In a serving bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and salt. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil to make a smooth dressing. Add the mozzarella, walnuts, and celery. Toss well with the dressing, and serve. Or you can plate a more formal version with fanned, sliced mozzarella and the dressed celery and walnuts on top.
Courtesy Lidia Bastianich
Join the conversation