Chef Jason Parsons shows us a tuna casserole made with Wehani rice, goat cheese, and garden peas.
2 cans white chunk tuna in water
1 ½ cups creamy chicken soup
2 cups cooked red rice (Wehani rice)
½ cup goat cheese
1/cup garden peas
¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
½ cup small diced fennel
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp roughly chopped flat leave parsley
1 cup crumbled Terra Beetroot chips (can substitute plain potato chips)
1) Drain the tuna and set aside.
2) In large pan melt the butter over medium to high heat. Add the shallots, fennel and sauté for one minute.
3) Add the cooked red rice, drained tuna, peas, chicken soup and parsley. Mix well, season with salt, pepper and pour into a casserole dish.
4) Crumble the goat cheese over the mixture and then evenly coat the whole mix with the crumbled terra chips.
5) Place the casserole in a preheated 350F degree oven uncovered for 30 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Courtesy Jason Parsons, @chefparsons