Chef Massimo Capra shows us a mouthwatering fondue that is sure to be the centre of attention at your next holiday party.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for six to eight people:
- 1 lb. grated Gruyere or Emmenthaler or Alpenzeller
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- ½ oz. Kirsch
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- Cut the garlic in half and rub the inside of a heavy bottom pot then discard, pour the wine in the pot and bring to boil, turn the fire off immediately.
- Mix the cheese with the starch, tossing it well and slowly add it to the wine stirring constantly, preferably with a wooden spoon.
- Grate the nutmeg over the cheese and cook the mixture on a low flame until the cheese is melted.
- Once it is creamy in consistency, remove the cheese from the heat and add the egg yolks and kirsch. Stir well, then transfer to the fondue pot over a low flame for presentation and serving.
Courtesy Massimo Capra, www.massimocapra.com