This cranberry jelly from Sandi Richard is delicious served with crackers and cream cheese, or even on a turkey sandwich.
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 can (398 ml) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 jar (375 ml) hot pepper relish
3/4 cups red wine vinegar (aged is nicer)
2 cups white sugar
85 ml (1 packet) liquid pectin
- Combine the following in a large stove-top pot; cranberry sauce, relish, red wine vinegar and sugar.
- Place on stove and keep stirring on med-high until this comes to a full boil.
- Boil hard for 3 minutes.
- Add liquid pectin. Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat but keep stirring about 5 minutes to keep cranberries and peppers from floating to the top.
- Pour the jelly into individual serving bowls or jars and let cool.
- If you decide to pour the jelly into serving bowls, so that you are ready for unexpected guests it keeps for 6 weeks in the fridge. If you are canning the jelly, it’s the perfect gift!
This makes about 4 cups.
Courtesy Sandi Richard, www.cookingfortherushed.com