Chris Mills from Joey Restaurants shows us a delicious roasted fall side dish made with toasted pumpkin seeds, butternut squash, and tart pomegranate seeds.
Pumpkin pomegranate squash
1 small (or ½ medium) butternut squash
1 tbsp olive oil
healthy pinch garam masala (or nice curry powder)
pinch salt & pepper
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut squash in half and remove the seeds. Season squash with butter, garam masala and salt and pepper.
3) Place squash upside down on baking sheet drizzled with olive oil. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until squash is fork-tender and the cut side has a beautiful, caramelized and lacquered appearance.
4) Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. Cut in appropriate sized pieces, removing the skin.
5) Re-season with garam masala and salt and pepper, serve warm, topped with toasted pumpkin and pomegranate seeds.
Courtesy Chris Mills, Joey Restaurants, http://www.joeyrestaurants.com/