Jason Parsons shows us a comforting and hearty gnocchi dish made with chicken breast and butternut squash – perfect for fall dinner entertaining!
Grilled chicken breast, butternut squash, and sage gnocchi
2 whole chicken breast
10 pieces blanched butternut squash and sage gnocchi
1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp finely chopped shallots
1 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp grape seed oil
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup chopped chestnuts
1 cup fresh kale (can use spinach leaves)
2 tbsp goat cheese
1) Slice the chicken breast in half, season and grill on a preheated grill pan.
2) In a separate fry pan heat the grape seed oil. Sear the squash gnocchi until golden.
3) Then add the shallots, mushrooms, chestnuts and butter. Saute for another minute.
4) Add the pumpkin seeds and kale. Then season and remove from heat.
5) Serve in two bowls. Crumble the goat cheese over the Gnocchi and top with the sliced grilled chicken.
Courtesy Jason Parsons, @chefparsons