Need help buying the perfect gift this holiday season? We’ve asked some of our guest experts for their top present picks, based on their area of expertise.
Here, Shoana Jensen shares her top 5 gift ideas for the entertainer:
1. Wine chiller: “Sometimes you’re so busy doing all the other prep work for entertaining and you forgot to chill the wine!” says Shoana.
2. Tea set: “We always think of coffee – we think of how we’re going to serve coffee and how we’re going to make coffee. But what about when a tea drinker that comes and decides they want something? If you have a nice set, you’ll be ready to serve them whenever they’d like,” says Shoana.
3. Camera: “You go through all sorts of effort trying to prepare your food, and set your table and your decorations, and you totally forget to take a picture – or you don’t have a good camera to take one with. That’s a nice gift, too, so they can have a keepsake of what all of their memories from all of their years of entertaining,” suggests Shoana.
4. Hors d’oeuvre and stemmed wine glass plate: Shoana says that these are great for “those times when you have a plate in one hand for your hors d’oeuvres and you’ve got your drink in the other hand, and you can’t eat because both of your hands are busy holding your stuff.” These plates allow you to hold both in one hand!
5. A nice bottle of wine: This might sound like an obvious gift, but not the way Shoana explains it: “The point of that bottle is not to open during the party. It’s for them to enjoy all by themselves after everybody has left, everything is cleaned up, and they want to decompress, sit down and have that debrief after the party that everybody does with somebody, and they can enjoy that glass of wine at their leisure and think about all the great memories that they just made.”