Need help buying the perfect gift this holiday season? We’ve asked some of our guest experts for their top present picks, based on their area of expertise.
Here, Mairlyn Smith shares her top 5 gift ideas for the baker:
1. A whole ton of parchment paper: “Go buy somebody 4 rolls of parchment paper – they will kiss your feet,” says Mairlyn.
2. Icing bag: Mairlyn says to make sure you buy a “really good one with all of the little magical tips.”
3. Pastry scraper: Get one of these “to scrape all of the gunk off your counter,” suggests Mairlyn. “I love mine, I should’ve married it!” she says.
4. Mini scoops: “Mini scoops make all your cookies look like they were on TV,” explains Mairlyn. “All the sizes are the same, and that’s very important.”
5. Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer: If you want to splurge and really indulge your baker, there’s nothing better, according to Mairlyn: “You know what, I’ve had my Kitchen Aid for 30 years – it’s lasted longer than both of my first two marriages,” she jokes. “You know when you get a present you really like when you’re little, and you take it to bed? I should have taken my Kitchen Aid to bed because I really love it, it’s red and it’s gorgeous.”