This non-traditional bruschetta with goat cheese and pomegranate shows promising results when it comes to cancer prevention.
– 12 pieces of small whole grain rye bread (by Kassler Food Products)
– 6 ounces of goat cheese
– ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
– ¼ cup of finely chopped fresh basil
1. Place individual rye breads onto serving plate.
2. Warm goat cheese in a 300-degree oven for 1-2 minutes.
3. Spread goat cheese onto rye bread (approximately ½ ounce per piece),
4. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and top with chopped basil.
Per piece: 79 calories, 0.5 g fat, 9g carbs, 4g protein
– Pomegranates show promising results when it comes to cancer prevention. Several studies indicate that pomegranate juice may help to inhibit prostate tumour growth and breast cancer cell proliferation.
Courtesy Dr. Joey Shulman, www.drjoey.com
Join the conversation