Nachos are great for summer entertaining. Take a look at this cedar-planked nacho recipe from Michael Bonacini.
1 bag of good quality organic nacho chips (baked)
1 jar of favourite salsa (sweet, mild or spicy)
½ avocado diced
1 large ripe tomato diced
1 green onion sliced
½ cup canned black beans
½ cup chopped coriander
1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
2 grilled chicken breasts thinly shredded
½ cup sour cream
½ cup Smokey barbeque sauce
- Take a large piece of un-treated cedar approximately, 15 inches by 8 inches, and then soak in water for 20-30 minutes.
- Next, take the sheared chicken toss into a stainless steel bowl and add barbeque sauce.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper 1 inch smaller of the cedar plank and place the parchment paper on top of the wet plank then place a layer of nacho chips on top.
- Sprinkle with each garnish item on top of the chips, the avocado, tomato, onion, black beans, chicken, sprinkling little cheese throughout.
- Add another layer of chips and repeat two layers.
- Finally top with the remainder of grated cheese and place in the pre-heated barbeque with the lid down and allow the barbeque to work its magic, (about 5-7 min).
- Next, once you see the cheese start to melt and ingredients are piping hot remove from the barbeque and add dollops of sour cream and sprinkle with coriander.
- Now, it is ready to serve with your favourite ice cold beer!
Courtesy Michael Bonacini
Join the conversation