If you are a pancake lover like me, this breakfast is for you! High in protein and low in carbs….how can you go wrong?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup of cottage cheese (1%)
1/4 tbsp of canola oil
1 egg white
1 whole egg
1 1/2 tbsp of wheat germ
1/3 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. of cinnamon
2 frozen strawberries
1/4 tsp of agave syrup
1. Combine the cottage cheese, canola oil, egg and egg white in a processor and blend.
2. In another bowl, mix the wheat germ, whole wheat flour and cinnamon
3. Combine the two mixtures together
4. Heat a non-stick pan, lightly oiled.
5. Drop two tablespoons of mixture onto pan and cook until golden
Microwave the strawberries for 30 seconds. Then mash with a fork. Mix in the agave syrup and top over pancake.
Nutrition: (3 small pancakes = entire mixture above)
Calories: 298, Carbohydrates 25g, Protein 28g, Fat 10g, Fiber 4g
Courtesy of www.drjoey.com